Monday, January 12, 2015

(TWO) Habanero Lime Crockpot Chicken Fajitas

Last night we had Habanero Lime Crockpot Chicken Fajitas. It was the first time I made this meal, and they were awesome! A little kick, so my husband liked them, but not too crazy to scare me away!

Habanero Lime Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
 
1.5 Lbs Habanero Lime Chicken Breasts
8 oz Package Baby Bellas
2 Large Bell Peppers Any Color
14 oz Can of Tomatoes
1 Medium Onion
1 Packet Fajita/Taco Seasoning
 
I will use Habanero Lime Marinade from lifesambrosia.com (Follow steps 1-4) in the future. I had Habanero Lime Chicken Breasts in the freezer from my local grocery store, Festival, so that is what I used. Because they were in my crisper and pantry, I used 2 Green Bell Peppers, 1/2 of a 28 oz can Whole Peeled Tomatoes, and a Packet of Taco Seasoning.
 I used a damp paper towel to clean the Baby Bellas, took the stems off (tough texture) and sliced. When prepping Bell Peppers try cutting around the seeds and placenta (Yes! That is truly what the white part is called!) instead of cutting off the top and removing. (There's a picture of what's left over)

Bell Pepper Seeds and Placenta
Then slice them in long strips. Slice the onion and open the can of tomatoes. If you're using whole tomatoes crush them with your hand. Cut the chicken into strips and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.  Next put in the mushroom, pepper, and onions.

Chicken, Mushrooms, and Peppers
 
Chicken, Mushrooms, Peppers,
Tomatoes, and Taco Seasoning
 I forgot the onions, so my layers look different... There's nothing wrong with almost perfect! Pour in the tomatoes with their juice, sprinkle on the taco seasoning, and stir with the tomatoes.
Cook the fajitas on Low for 6-7 hours. I cooked mine for 6 in a large crockpot and they turned out great! Make sure the chicken is cooked thoroughly by testing a larger piece. I shredded the chicken with two forks because I think it goes further that way, but you could leave it in strips if you'd like!
After Shredding the Chicken
Is your mouth watering?!

 I used flour tortillas and topped the fajitas with lettuce, sour cream, shredded cheese, and a little raw onion. I use about 2 tablespoons of the fajita mixture in each tortilla, so this recipe yields 13-15 fajitas for my family.
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment