Saturday, January 24, 2015

(FOUR) Flourless Banana Pancakes

I've been seeing these Flourless Banana Pancake posts on Facebook the last few days and decided to try to make them! The posts say to use 2 eggs and 1 banana, but commenters were using a 1 to 1 ratio instead. They also mentioned to keep the heat low and make them small.
I am NOT a great pancake maker, so lets keep that in mind, shall we? I also don't have any non-stick cookware, which probably would have helped!
I started by mashing 1 banana with 2 eggs, but the mixture was very thin, so I added another banana. The consistency was closer to pancake batter, so I decided to give it a try. I melted a pat of butter and started by pouring 2 small pancakes into the pan. They started to stick, so I tried to loosen them and I'm not sure what exactly happened.
Attempt One
Best Pancake
So... then I tried again. Added a little butter, and burnt them. Burnt burnt them! I have no picture to show of those, but I kept trying and got a couple good ones.
Honestly for me, it was a lot of work. The flavor was really good, but I'm not the kind of person who's going to spend 45 minutes making breakfast every morning. I was pretty much done trying to perfect the pancakes, but I had half the batter I started with. I didn't want to waste it, so I started thinking about another way to use it. Sometimes when I'm in a time crunch I make myself an omelet in the microwave, so I decided to give the remaining batter a zap in the microwave until it was set. In my small microwave it was 90 seconds. It looks kinda creepy, but it was really good and more importantly EASY. After I topped it with the small pieces from attempt number one it even looked edible!

Let me know what you think if you try making these and be on the lookout for more posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment